Tomato Quinoa Salad
Tomato Quinoa SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
It’s time to add another tasty quinoa recipe to our meal prep game! This Tomato Quinoa Salad is fast, flavorful, and easily made in advance for speedy lunches and sides for work, school, or home
1/2 cup dry quinoa
3/4 cup water
2-3 cups chopped/sliced tomato
15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
2 TBSP avocado oil
1 clove garlic (smashed and minced)
1 TBSP fresh chopped parsley
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
additional fresh chopped parsley to taste
- First rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve. Bring a small pot to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water. Stir as it toasts for just a few minutes. This step is optional but really adds to the nuttiness and fluff factor of the quinoa! Next add your water, set burner to high, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, chop, slice and prep the remaining ingredients.
- To make the dressing, combine avocado oil (or healthy oil of your choosing) with fresh lime juice, minced garlic, parsley, cumin, salty and pepper.
- Once your quinoa is ready, fluff with a fork and allow to cool (I usually pop mine in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to cool it) then combine with tomatoes, green onion, chickpeas, and any extra parsley you’d like! I usually add 2-3 TBSP of extra parsley – I love the flavor! Toss salad with half of the dressing and dive in! Drizzle extra dressing on the salad as desired and feel free to add any additional seasoning to taste.
- I like my dressing a bit on the tart side, and make it with about 4 Tablespoons of lime juice (2 limes worth) – If you’d like it less tart, feel free to adjust the amount as needed!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories255
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Sodium 450mg 19%
- Potassium 484mg 14%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 7g 29%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 9g 18%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.