Strawberry Upside Down Cake
Strawberry Upside Down Cake is easy and delicious with full of fresh strawberry flavor. Just follow our detailed instructions, you can make it at your home and treat family at any time of the year. Let start now.
Strawberry Upside Down CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Strawberry Upside Down Cake is easy and delicious with full of fresh strawberry flavor.
2 large eggs
1 lb. strawberries, thinly sliced into rounds
1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 12″ oven-safe skillet, add a parchment circle, then grease again.
- In a large bowl, stir together strawberries, brown sugar, and cornstarch until fully coated and juicy. Add to skillet and spread in an even layer.
- Make cake batter: Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl. Mix together the sugar, eggs, sour cream, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the cake batter over the strawberry mixture and spread as evenly as possible with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until the cake is golden and a toothpick comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the skillet, about 15 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter or large plate and gently remove parchment paper. Let cool completely or refrigerate before slicing. Serve with vanilla ice cream.