Southwest Quinoa Salad
Southwest Quinoa SaladCourse: LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A healthy Southwest Quinoa Salad with zesty lime vinaigrette. This cold quinoa salad can be made ahead for meal prep lunches or dinners.
- For the salad:
1.6 teaspoons olive oil
1.6 cloves garlic minced
0.8 cup quinoa well rinsed and drained
1.4 cups low sodium vegetable broth or water
0.8 cup canned corn drained
12 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
0.8 red bell pepper chopped
3.2 green onions sliced
1.6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- For the lime vinaigrette:
2.4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1.6 tablespoons olive oil
0.8 tablespoon honey
0.8 teaspoon chili powder
0.4 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
- For serving:
guacamole or avocado if desired
- Heat the 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, stirring, about 1 minute. Add the quinoa and vegetable broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed, about 12-16 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- While the quinoa cooks, prepare the lime vinaigrette. In a small bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients. Whisk (or shake in a jar with a lid) until well combined.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large bowl and stir in the corn, black beans, bell pepper, green onions and cilantro. Add the dressing and stir gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve salad warm or cold, with guacamole or sliced avocado if desired.
- Quinoa salad can be stored for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories319
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Sodium 161mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 11g 22%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.