Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cashew Chicken Lettuce WrapsCourse: Lunch
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps – perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as a tasty appetizer. Each wrap has only 165 calories!
1 pound (450 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite seized pieces
4 tablespoons oyster sauce
4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil or olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced or grated
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon chili paste
1/3 cup (50 grams) raw cashews
8 Boston lettuce leaves
Toppings (optional): thinly-sliced basil, sesame seeds
- Place the chicken in a zip lock bag with the oyster sauce, soy sauce and chili paste.
- Let the chicken marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add the chicken and the remaining oil, and stir-fry until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the cashews and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the individual lettuce leaves, top with basil and sesame seeds and serve.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories330
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.3g 7%
- Cholesterol 41.1mg 14%
- Sodium 568mg 24%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 9%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 17g 34%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.