Caprese Lasagna Roll-Ups
To start an easy, delicious and enjoyable dinner, you can not help thinking about our Caprese Lasagna Roll-Ups today. This dish is fabulous combination of all ingredient such as egg, noodle, tomato, milk, parmesan. And to know how delicious it is, let’s check it out with us.
Caprese Lasagna Roll-UpsCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
To start an easy, delicious and enjoyable dinner, you can not help thinking about our Caprese Lasagna Roll-Ups today. This dish is fabulous combination of all ingredient such as egg, noodle, tomato, milk, parmesan.
1 large egg
18 cooked lasagna noodles (from 1 lb.)
2 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 1/2 c. milk
2 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1 15-oz. container ricotta
Freshly ground black pepper
1/3 c. basil, plus more for garnish
Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add cherry tomatoes and balsamic. Cook until tomatoes breaks down, for about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Add half of the garlic, stir until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe out skillet.
- How to make Sauce: In the same skillet over medium heat, add butter and heat to melt. Add the remaining garlic, cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and cook until golden, 2 minutes more. Whisk in milk and simmer until thick and creamy, 3 minutes, then stir in 1 cup mozzarella and all of the Parmesan. Spoon a thin layer of sauce onto the bottom of an 8″-x-8″ baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- How to Assemble Lasagna Rolls: Lay cooked noodles in a single layer on a baking sheet. Spread with ricotta and tomato mixture. Drizzle with sauce, sprinkle with basil, and roll up. Pack the roll-ups tightly and upright in the baking dish. Spoon the rest of the sauce on top of the roll-ups and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake until golden, for about 27 – 30 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with more basil.