BLT Avocado Chicken Salad Wraps
BLT Avocado Chicken Salad WrapsCourse: LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
BLT Avocado Chicken Salad Wraps are a quick and easy solution to a fresh, no-heat lunch. They are high in protein, low in carbs, high in fiber and nutrients, but most of all, this salad is delicious.
6 slices bacon uncured, sugar free
1 lb boneless. skinless chicken breast halved to make cutlets
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoon avocado or olive oil based mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 cup tomatoes diced (2 small or 1 large)
2 green onion finely sliced with whites
1 avocado chopped
1 head of romaine or butter lettuce for wrapping
- IN A LARGE SKILLET OR FRYING PAN, cook bacon over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side, or until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and allow to cool on a paper towel lined plate.
- SEASON THE CHICKEN BREAST CUTLETS, with salt and pepper and place into the pan with the bacon drippings. Cook 3 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reads 165˚F and the inside is no longer pink. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- IN A SMALL BOWL, whisk together mayo, lime juice, garlic and chili powder.
- ONCE THE CHICKEN AND BACON are cool, chop into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients (tomato, green onion, and avocado) to the bowl quickly toss to evenly distribute the ingredients. Pour the mayo mixture into the bowl with additional salt and pepper to taste and toss again to coat.
- SPOON THE SALAD into 2-4 lettuce cups per person and serve cold.
3 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories381
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Cholesterol 98mg 33%
- Sodium 1221mg 51%
- Potassium 974mg 28%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 37g 74%
- Calcium 80%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.