Avocado Tuna Salad
Avocado Tuna SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 cans of flaked light tuna
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 red apple, chopped
1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
1 T pickle juice (or water-if using increase salt slightly)
1 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp cumin
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mash up avocado with the back of a fork or potato masher.
- Add in tuna, celery, red onion, apple and walnuts. Mix well.
- Add in pickle juice, dried dill, dijon, cumin and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve on bread, top on salad or eat plain.
- Will keep up to 1 week in refrigerator.