Apple Walnut Spinach Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
Apple Walnut Spinach Salad With Balsamic VinaigretteCourse: Main, SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Apple Walnut Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing is a delicious winter salad recipe that’s packed with healthy greens, fruit, nuts, sweet onions, sharp blue cheese and buttery goat cheese, all topped with a sweet balsamic salad dressing!
- For the salad:
6 cups fresh baby spinach
1 golden delicious apple thinly sliced
1 honeycrisp apple thinly sliced
1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- For the dressing:
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Add the spinach, apple slices, onion slices, and walnuts to a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well, and top with the goat cheese and blue cheese.
- Because apples brown when exposed to the air, it’s a good idea to enjoy this salad within 30 minutes of preparation.
- The remainder of the salad ingredients can be assembled ahead of time, and the dressing can also be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until serving.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories263
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 13mg 5%
- Sodium 219mg 10%
- Potassium 478mg 14%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 24g
- Protein 7g 15%
- Calcium 150%
- Iron 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.