Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake is the combination of flavors and textures. It is light, sweet, beautiful. Just with cake, strawberries and cheesecake, they can be turn into a colorful dessert that is perfect for any celebrating!
Strawberry Shortcake CheesecakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake is the combination of flavors and textures. It is light, sweet, beautiful.
3 c. strawberries, 2 c sliced and the rest left whole
Vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
2 c. cold heavy cream
3/4 c. powdered sugar
2 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Grease an 8″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for vanilla cake. Pour ½ cup in pan, ( or enough to coat the bottom of pan). Save the rest of the batter for a separate cake or cupcakes.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out dry.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer. Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, for 2 minutes. Add sugar to combine, then gradually add cream and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Press the slices of strawberry along the edge of the springform pan, and the strawberries touch the cake. Place whole strawberries on the surface of the cake, leaving about a ½” between each. Cover with the cheesecake mixture and refrigerate for about 5 – 6 hours.
- Garnish with more chopped strawberries. Ready for serving.