Pigs In A Pretzel
Pigs In A Pretzel is great appetizer. It is super easy and delicious. It will be a big hit to start your meal more enjoyable than ever. It is also perfect for game days. Check it out right now.
Pigs In A PretzelCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Pigs In A Pretzel is great appetizer. It is super easy and delicious. It will be a big hit to start your meal more enjoyable than ever.
1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
24 mini franks
1/4 c. baking soda
2 c. shredded Cheddar
1 c. milk
Freshly ground black pepper
Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- Cut biscuits into quarters until you get 24 even pieces. Flatten out and wrap the dough around the dogs.
- Meanwhile, in a large, shallow skillet, add 2 inches of water. Whisk in baking soda and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer, and in small batches, cook pigs until dough is puffy, 30 seconds.
- Transfer to baking sheet using a slotted spoon and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Repeat process until all pigs are cooked.
- Bake until deeply golden and shiny, for about 22 – 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make cheese sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in milk and bring to a simmer. Once it starts to thicken, turn off heat and whisk in cheese until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve dogs with cheese sauce.