Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls
Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep BowlsCourse: LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Bowls are served with cauliflower mash to create a complete low-carb lunch for the whole week. It’s also whole30, paleo and gluten-free!
- For the fajita seasaoning
½ tablespoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
- For the chicken and peppers and onions
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic — minced
1.5 lb free range organic chicken breast — cut into thin strips
2 red bell peppers — sliced
2 yellow bell peppers — sliced
2 green bell pepper — sliced
1 medium onion — sliced
1 teaspoon salt and black pepper
Mashed cauliflower — optional
- First, make the fajita seasoning by mixing all the ingredients from the fajita seasoning recipe in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken strips and half of the fajita seasoning. Mix well and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add more olive oil (if necessary) and add onions, bell peppers and the rest of the fajita seasoning.
- Stir fry for 5-10 minutes on high heat. The time will depend on how tender you prefer your veggies to be.
- Meal Prepping
- Place an even amount of chicken fajita, the veggies and cauliflower mashed into 4 or 5 (depends on the size of your container) different glass containers. Cover with the lid and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 1.5 or 2 minutes. The time will depend on the power of your microwave.
5 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories324
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.