BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet PotatoesCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Stuffed sweet potatoes with BBQ chicken, red onion and cilantro. It’s easy, no fuss, healthy and naturally gluten-free, paleo and Whole30. Watch the video above to see how quickly it comes together!
4 sweet potatoes
3 medium chicken breasts
2 tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
3/4 cup chicken broth
8 ounces or more BBQ sauce
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and wash your sweet potatoes. Poke the sweet potatoes 5-6 times with a fork or sharp knife, place them on the baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes. If you have large or small sweet potatoes you may need to adjust the bake time.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, drizzle the oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken over, add the chicken broth, cover the pan and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (to 165 degrees fahrenheit). Remove the chicken from pan and shred with two forks or a stand mixer (see my Shredded Chicken post for more details).
- Add the shredded chicken to a bowl and mix with the BBQ sauce.
- Slice each sweet potato in half, fill with BBQ chicken and top with red onion and cilantro.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories327.2
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 9%
- Cholesterol 76.5mg 26%
- Sodium 422.8mg 18%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5.1g 21%
- Sugars 12.3g
- Protein 30.4g 61%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.